Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Packing up and dreaming of Spanish food

With a simple one bedroom apartment, my wife and I thought it wouldn't be too difficult to pack all our things and send it straight to Spain. After all, we only have our books, clothes and a few other sentimental items that we would like to keep and ship abroad. But little did we know that the little that we did own turned out to fill over 3o boxes. We're dreading the idea of actually having to unpack all of this in Spain, but at least we have it done.

With less than 3 weeks left, we are dreaming of our new home, places and food, but mostly the latter. We love Vietnamese food and I've grown up with it all my life, but little did I realize how substantially good another cuisine can be and make it's way into my heart in the same degree as Vietnamese food. Both are quite different, but I can have a craving for "callos" as much as I can for a "bo kho." Obviously, I've been around enough of the Spanish cuisine from my mother-in-law's fabulous cooking to appreciate the diversity and richness of this excellent cuisine.

As our move draws nearer, we find ourselves imagining ourselves in certain areas throughout Madrid and we are completely content because we know it will be a reality. Our excitement grows every day we look at our calendar and the days in the month of May is almost filled up with all our X's.

3 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger Susana said...

In case I have never told you already or in case I never do in the future, I really appreciate your moving to Spain. It means the world to me not only that you're doing it, but also that you're so excited about it. If you were any less convinced this is what you wanted to do, I would feel very guilty. But all the opposite: I don't feel I am draggin' you along. I have never felt more honored, loved, special and excited in my life.
Things don't even have to work, lemme tell you, because even if they don't, at least we're trying with all our might, which to me is more than enough. What we have is greater than Madrid, San Jose or anything else in the world.

I love you. I love you because of how you are to, how you are in general, and I truly do feel I am one of the luckiest people.

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Help! I am lost. I was searching for food and drink and somehow ended up here. How that happened I don't know, however I do like your Blog a lot. Would you mind if I add your Blog to my favorites page so others can visit?

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Roberto Iza Valdes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home